Sunday, March 6, 2011

Week one wrap up

This was my first full week of being on a forced, unpaid vacation from employment. All in all it has been a good week mainly due to the fact that I have kept busy and engaged. There have been lunches with friends and network members, time spent with my Kynetx family, times of sheer joy babysitting my newborn grandson and many, many well wishes from friends and family.

Now, I completely realize that week one of any directional change in life is usually skewed and does not often reflect reality. Reality kicks in tomorrow, when week two begins and the outpouring of attention I received this week returns to normal levels.

Week two is when the real work begins.

So, here are my plans for the next few days:

1) Attend a meeting with a couple of smart guys who are revving up their business and looking to scale up and out. Their idea is a killer one and I think that I can help them reach their goals.

2) Take a tour of the University of Utah seismic center offered to me by a good friend.

3) Meet with some former colleagues who have built a very successful business to see if there may be a seat on the bus.

Interlaced in among these meetings will be phone calls to people from my "hit list" to see what doors they can help me open. I thank G-d that over the years I paid attention to the great advice of many to focus on building a strong and deep professional network, as it has proven to be an extremely valuable resource and source of comfort during these times.

Overall I am very bullish on my chances to cultivate opportunities and once again be gainfully employed in the short term. I can say this with confidence due to my deep seated belief in my friends, my family and most of all, in myself and in the power of a positive attitude and altitude.

Watch this space for more updates as to how this week goes.

1 comment:

  1. That's great! Very happy to hear that things are going well and that you have good stuff planned. Really look forward to seeing how your week turns out. Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete